DST supported National Initiative for Developing and Harnessing Innovation (NIDHI) programs
About NIDHI- PRomotion and Acceleration of Young and ASpiring innovators and start-ups (PRAYAS) program focuses on supporting innovators to develop their innovative idea into prototype.
This program would attract a large number of youngsters to come forward to try out their ideas without actually worrying about the failure. NIDHI-PRAYAS is positioned as a pre-incubation initiative.
Objectives of NIDHI- PRAYAS
- To enable translation of an innovative idea to a prototype.
- To provide a platform for faster experimentation and modify approaches in the idea to market journey.
- To generate innovative solutions relevant to the local and global problems.
- To attract a large number of youth who demonstrates problem solving zeal and abilities to work on their new technology/knowledge/innovation based startups.
- To enhance the pipeline in terms of quality and quantity of innovative start ups to the incubators.
- To build a vibrant innovation ecosystem, by establishing a network between innovators, academia, mentors and incubators.
Benefits to NIDHI-PRAYAS recipients :
- A prototype grant upto Rs. 10, 00,000/- to build their ideas into prototype.
- Access to infrastructure, mentorship
- Co-working spaces for developing idea into Prototype.
Eligibility – Click here
1] The applications received under the program, are subject to due diligence of screening process. Only shortlisted participants will be notified/ informed about the final presentation to the monitoring committee.
2] Screening will be subject to the parameters other than the eligibility, such as Innovation, Potential for commercialization and venture creation, Team capability and Commitment etc.
3] The decision of the screening committee for approval and funding support will be final, firm and binding.
4] The final decision of screening committee will be communicated only to the approved applicants via email.
5] The approved applicants will have to agree for Pre incubation/ Incubation with SINE- TBI as per its incubation policy/terms.
6] Screening of applications will take 6-8 weeks, from the date of closure of online applications. Only selected candidates will be notified. No communication from SINE within the timeframe may be deemed as non-selection of your application for the program.
7] SINE will not provide any suggestion/explanation with regards to the application that are not selected.
For this round upto 4 innovators can be supported under NIDHI-PRAYAS
To apply online please click here
Last date for application – 18 May 2017
For enquiries please email : nidhi-pc[@]sineiitb.org