Position: Office Administrator (middle management level)
About Society for Innovation and Entrepreneurship (SINE)
SINE is a leading Technology Business Incubator hosted by the Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IITB). SINE has pioneered incubation efforts in academic institutions in India. As an early adopter of the incubation activities, SINE’s practices have been replicated across the country in academic and R&D institutions. SINE is also supported by various government departments.
SINE offers start-to-end support to innovators and entrepreneurs. It gives prototyping grants, provides incubation support to technology startups and runs accelerator programs in corporate partnership. Incubation support includes physical infrastructure, seed fund, connections to mentors and investors, professional service providers, exposure to entrepreneurial ecosystem. It also runs various events, outreach activities and programs for the benefits of innovators and start-up community. It also conducts several cross-border outreach programs. SINE is closely working with innovators, academia, Government departments, industries, other incubators & accelerators, and organizations focusing on innovation and entrepreneurship.
SINE’s operations are currently under expansion. SINE is creating new infrastructure. There will also be increase in outreach initiatives, events, partnerships, new funding resources under Corporate Social Responsibility, information communication.
We are looking for Office Administrator at a middle management level. The Office Administrator will be responsible for administration and management of incubation facilities, up keeping, purchases, arranging logistics for events, travels and overall office administration. The administration function provides backend support for all organisational activities, and is at the core of overall efficiency of the organisation. SINE is a service organisation. The person will play a very important role in maintaining and enhancing the efficiency of SINE with regard to the internal and external stakeholders.The person will have to create his/ her internal relationships within the incubator, IIT Bombay offices and external network of vendors, contractors, and support systems. The Office Administrator at all times will endeavor to uphold the value of SINE and try integrate with the team members in all activities.
SINE offers a very pleasant and conducive work environment with opportunities to grow with SINE’s growth. The position is for 3-years on contract basis subject to annual review process with possibility for extension.
Roles and responsibility
• Infrastructure: Regular upkeep, repairs & maintenance, addressing any problems and complaints. Participating in planning for upcoming new infrastructure.
• Purchases: Procurement of office & lab equipment, furniture & fixtures, office materials as per internal policies.
• Events: Provide administrative support, plan logistics and on-site event coordination.
• Office administration: Office up keeping, maintaining administration records, coordination for travels logistics for business trips, putting security checks and controls in place for safety of office and incubator properties, maintaining records of and organising security permits for employees of SINE and its incubatees, and overseeing in-general administrative aspects of SINE and its employees for smooth functioning.
• Liaison: Liaise with IIT Bombay departments and offices, external vendors, suppliers, contractors.
Eligibility and Requirement
• Minimum bachelor’s degree. Work experience in administration role of upto 7-8 years.
• A specialised course in management or administration will be desirable.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• The person should be self-driven, proactive in identifying and addressing needs for administration support.
• Ability to act fast, and execute tasks with speed.
• Person should possess good social and interpersonal skills, should be able to integrate with other employees of SINE .
Location: SINE, IIT-Bombay, Powai, Mumbai
Apply By: 15th July 2018
Kindly send your resume / profile on sine[@]sineiitb.org